Tuesday 3 May 2011

Food for the Soul

I just finished a great meal with my husband and I was reflecting on why I felt sooo good. The green color of the kale, the whole wheat pasta, red pepper. The wholeness, freshness and color was vibrant and pulling me in. The smell of garlic and pine nuts roasting, awoke my senses.

Combined and served on a white plate the food looked and smelled amazing. The shaving of parmagiano reggiano sparkling on top like snow glistening on a mountain top. My mouth salivating for a taste. The wine glass half full of a blackberry inspired Australian. The enjoyment to my eyes and palate this meal brought.

As I savored my first bite I looked up at my husband across the table and realized the food is only as good as the love given to make the meal and the love felt for the one I was sharing the meal with.

Good food tastes even better by the company you keep while enoying it. As I journey down my path to find the truth in my body mind and soul, I look ahead with excitement at the many delicious meals I have yet to eat, with the beautiful souls I have yet to share those meals with.

No comments:

Post a Comment