Saturday 30 April 2011

Look In The Mirror

So often I would look at my daughter and say how cute or pretty or beautiful she looked. I often saw my friends the same way. When I looked in the mirror I just saw a mom, a women. Or sometimes I just saw an overweight person, greying hair, flabby, age lines etc etc etc. We all do that, we look and see what we think are faults, the negatives we don't like about ourselves. Even though my daughter and husband complimented me on my looks I never really believed them as true.

Well, this past Friday I got ready for work followed the same routine I've done for years with one big difference. When I finished washing my hands I looked up into the mirror and I said to myself god, I look fantastic !!! I saw a great lookin women, I was glowing!! I felt happy, alive- I felt good!

The mirror always did show me truth, for some reason I chose not to see it. I have lost weight, gained confidence, my negative thoughts are diminishing rapidly, I love who I'm becoming, I love my life and I love myself and for the 1st time in a long time I knew I looked good. I love looking in the mirror and I now see the truth.

I am lucky to be me because of the love, positive comments, support, guidance and connectedness with you. Thank you. I can't wait to continue down my path to discover more about my body, mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment