Friday 6 July 2012

Take Action - Exercise!


The other day I followed up with one of my clients. I asked how her last week was, how often she got to the gym and how often she followed the exercise plan I set out for her.
Well her answer really didn’t surprise me. She commented, she just doesn’t have enough time in the week. Aaaack I feel like banging my head against the wall sometimes when clients who have come to me to loose weight, feel healthy and get fit, don’t walk the talk. She said getting healthy is a priority but she isn't making the action a priority.
Oh yeah, lots of people are at the stage where they know they need to take charge and make changes, they verbalize all the right things. Its just the action phase they can’t perform, yet they know no one else can make the changes for them. They’ve fallen off track and can’t find their internal voice or haven’t looked deep enough to find the internal voice. 
Part of the problem is their diet is poor and lacks the proper nutrients to help energize their body. Part of the problem is that exercise has not become part of their lifestyle. Exercise is something you do to loose a bit of weight, fix a problem with a muscle or joint according to them.
s
If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise

Exercise and healthy eating MUST become part of a lifestyle, part of your routine. Just like brushing your teeth, putting on cloths, doing laundry, eating, etc, we do sooooo many other things automatically why isn’t exercising one of them? Lots of those other behaviours we do infinitely. People need to understand exercise is an infinite behaviour. It is vital to living a long life and a healthy, strong long life.  And who doesn't want that. 
So one of the tools I like to use is a calendar. A visual to place on the fridge right beside the kids schedule of activities. Its YOUR calendar of activities. I don’t know about you but I can’t remember nor do I want to try and remember all the things I have planned. So I use a calendar! Schedule your workouts, just like everything else. And ya there will be times when self talk that you don’t feel like working out. But thats when the true you needs to step up to the plate because you know how good you’ve been feeling since getting back on track with a healthy lifestyle. How much more confidence and happy you are. You are proud of the accomplishments and personal growth you’ve done.

Yep!
You know exercising and healthy eating is a life long positive habit. Don’t talk about starting, just do it now. Change your lifestyle, no beginning, middle or end. It’s an infinite way of life. If you don't know how to get started talk to a personal trainer, a friend who exercise regularly, family member who will support you.

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
– Mark Twain
I’m 49 years old, stronger and more fit and healthier than I’ve ever been. I've been on the unhealthy, overweight side. I know how much work you need to do, to face fears, to struggle to learn to love who you are. Age has nothing to do with your abilities. Always challenge and always grow. This is a lifestyle, change yours and I guarantee you will never look back! Awaken your body, mind and soul!



1 comment:

  1. We don't try to "find the time" to shower or brush our teeth. It's non-negotiable. We just build it into our day. Exercise should be viewed the same way.
    @TypeACubed

    ReplyDelete